Bone broth has become mainstream these days and now so has bone broth protein powder.
But is bone broth protein powder any different than bone broth?
The only real difference is that bone broth protein powder is bone broth that has been dehydrated into powder form.
It seems as though the first product to be called “Bone Broth Protein Powder” was created by Ancient Nutrition, the supplement line of Dr. Axe.
I’m not sure why they added the word “protein” to it but I assume it’s to point out that the product can be used as a protein supplement.
Table of Contents
- Top Bone Broth Protein Powders
- Is Bone Broth Protein Powder Different than Bone Broth Powder?
- What are the benefits of bone broth protein powder?
- How do you use bone broth protein powder?
- Beef vs. Chicken Bone Broth Powder
- Flavors of Bone Broth Protein Powder
- What Are The Top Brands of Bone Broth Protein Powder?
Top Bone Broth Protein Powders
The below are the highest rated Bone Broth Protein Powders on Amazon based on average rating of 4 Stars and higher.
- Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein
- Left Coast Nutrition Bone Broth Powder
- Bare Bones Bone Broth Instant Beverage Mix
- LonoLife Beef Bone Broth Powder
- Younglo Research 100% Pure Premium Bone Broth
Is Bone Broth Protein Powder Different than Bone Broth Powder?
Nope. All of the bone broth protein powders I’ve seen are dehydrated bone broth. I haven’t seen any with added protein.
What are the benefits of bone broth protein powder?
The main advantage of bone broth powder over bone broth is convenience.
Making bone broth can be a time consuming process.
So if you want the benefits of bone broth without the time necessary to cook bone broth, using a bone broth powder is a great choice.
In terms of a nutritional difference, since bone broth powders are just dehydrated bone broth, you would presumably get the same benefits from bone broth powder that you would get from liquid bone broth.
How do you use bone broth protein powder?
The most common ways that people are using bone broth protein powder are:
- You can add hot water to bone broth powder to make liquid bone broth on demand. bring it
- Some people add bone broth powder to smoothies to increase the protein content of the smoothie and add additional nutrients like collagen, glucosamine, chondroitin etc.
- If you need to add bone broth to a recipe you can add bone broth powder and water instead.
Beef vs. Chicken Bone Broth Powder
One important fact to take into consideration when buying a bone broth powder is the type that you are buying – chicken or beef broth powder.
Chicken and Beef bone broths are made the same way (heating bones in water) but the flavors are quite different.
I prefer the taste of chicken bone broth over beef bone broth but of course you will need to consider how you will be using the bone broth powder to determine which one will be best.
That said, some manufacturers are now making bone broth powders in different flavors.
Flavors of Bone Broth Protein Powder
In case you don’t like the taste of chicken or beef bone broth never fear!
There are now bone broth powders in a variety of flavors ranging from traditional Vanilla and Chocolate to Banana Cream, Pineapple, Pumpkin Spice with more flavors coming out all the time!
What Are The Top Brands of Bone Broth Protein Powder?
Below are the top brands of bone broth protein powder on Amazon based on an average customer review of 4 Stars.
1 thought on “What Is Bone Broth Protein Powder?”
Pingback: What Is Collagen Protein Powder? – Renegade Dad
Comments are closed.